KINDLY PM FOR LATEST STOCK AVAILABILITY BEFORE PURCHASING
1 Year Limited Warranty (subjected to Cayin T&C)
Cayin RU7 Discrete 1-Bit Dongle DAC with 3.5mm and 4.4mm
Summary of RU7 Features
- Fully Balanced 1-Bit Discrete Resistor Network DAC
- 1/1000 ultra-high precision TCR25 low-temperature coefficient thin film resistors
- Native decode DESD64/128/256, support PCM up to 384kHz.
- User-selectable All-to-DSD
- Users can specify DSD64/128/256 DSD output formats through menu setting
- Different DSD output settings might sound slightly different and drain more power when a higher-resolution output format is selected.
- 100 steps 3-segment High Precision Resistor Array Volume Control
- Hardware Volume +/- button
- TWO 6-layer PCB, digital and analog circuits on separate boards
- 3.5mm single-ended phone output delivers 160mW per channel at 32Ω loading
- 4.4mm balanced phone output delivers 400mW per channel at 32Ω loading
- Compatible with Android, iOS, macOS, Windows 7/8/8,1/10, and DAP with USB Audio output
- Type-C USB Audio, Shield USB-C to USB-C cable bundled
- High/Low gain control
- Compact and seamless CNC aluminum chassis with 1” 128x64 OLED screen
- 66mm x 24mm x 12mm, ~25g net weight.
- Green Leather cases bundled
Fully Balanced 1-Bit DAC architecture.
While reviewers and users appreciate 1-bit DAC technologies as natural, smooth, and realistic when compare to their analog experience in the practical world, they are inevitably not as popular as their PCM counterparts. The not-so-impressive measurements have hesitated a lot of vendors to devote their resources to 1-bit DAC. In addition, the existing solutions are far too bulky and consumed too much power for personal audio, so we didn’t have any 1-Bit DSD DAC implementation for DAP or even transportable DAC/Amp. for many years. To introduce 1-Bit DAC to portable users, Cayin offered our in-house developed micro-miniaturized 1-bit DAC circuit from fully discrete components in N7 DAP, and we passed down the DAC circuit design to the RU7 Dongle DAC almost as soon as we could.
Parallel Driven Dual Phone Amplifiers
The RU6 track record suggested that our Dongle DAC is well-received by mobile phones (Android and iPhone), tablets, notebooks, and desktop computer users, and there is a niche group of users that use RU6 with their DAP. We want to provide an upgrade headphone amplification to as many users as possible with RU7, so we revised the circuit to parallel dual amplifiers, delivering 80% more power when balanced driven with similar overall power consumption.